In this tutorial, you will learn how to double space in Word documents by following a few simple steps.
After reading through the steps, you can view the video tutorial for bonus tips.
About Word Document Spacing
In Microsoft Word, you can space the lines of your document using the default settings. However, at times you may want to increase the space between each line. For example, there are settings for 1.15, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 spacing. Furthermore, customized spacing is available in the settings menu.
Keep reading to learn how to access the line-spacing menu.
Tutorial: How to Double Space in Word Documents
To double space your document, open up the file in Microsoft Word and follow the steps below.
- Select the lines of text that you want to double space.
- Make sure that the HOME tab is selected at the top menu.
- Click the small icon that has the lines and up/down arrows.
- From the drop-down menu, select the 2.0 line setting.
- Finally, see how the line space shifts to your liking.
Now, you can set your entire document to be double spaced using the same method. Also, if you want, you can select “Line Spacing Options…” from the same menu to customize the settings specifically.
Watch the YouTube video for further clarification on how to double space your Microsoft Word documents.
Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube
Feedback: Questions and Comments on YouTube
Do you have any questions or comments about how to double space in Word?
Please leave your feedback on YouTube after watching the video tutorial on How to Double Space in Word Documents.
- How to Do a Word Count in Word Documents
- How to Convert Excel to Word Documents
- How to Add Page Numbers in Word Documents